Marisa is interning with us for one year.
1-800-871-5491 x 723
Marisa Colombi, Intern
Massapequa Park, Garden City and Telehealth
Marisa Colombi earned her bachelor’s degree from St.John’s University while majoring in psychology and is currently at Adelphi working towards her master’s degree in mental health counseling. Ms. Colombi takes an interest in people of all ages who are struggling with anxiety, depression, behaviors, and day-to-day stressors. She puts a strong emphasis on creating a welcoming environment and ensuring that her clients feel comfortable in the therapeutic space. She is enthusiastic about bringing creativity and adpatibilty to sessions along with a combination of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), psychodynamic techniques, and a strengths-based perspective. Ms. Colombi partners with her clients and works collaboratively to help them obtain the life they deserve. She feels strongly that building self-esteem, understanding more about yourself, and working towards having a sense of regulation in the face of challenges are essential. In her free time, Ms. Colombi enjoys exercising, being outdoors, and spending time with loved ones.
Marisa is an intern and sees clients at a reduced rate under the supervision of Dr. Eric Walter. She will be at Wavelengths until July 2024.
💕 Why Choose Our Interns?
- Reduced Rate: We believe that mental health support should be accessable to as many people as possible. Our reduced rates make counseling more affordable, so you can prioritize your well-being without breaking the bank.
- Quality Care and Individualized Attention: Our interns take a very limited number of clients so that they can devote sufficient time and attention to each person they see. In addition, between sessions they receive supervision and guidance on the work they are doing with you.
- Fresh Perspectives: Working with an intern can bring new perspectives and approaches to your counseling journey. Their training and education are up-to-date with the latest developments in the mental health field.
- Confidentiality: Just like with our licensed professionals, your sessions with our interns are strictly confidential.
Primary Focus Areas for Marisa Columbi
- Play Therapy for Young Children
- Anxiety and Depression in Children, Adolescents, and adults
- ADHD Counseling and Intervention
- School-Based Issues or Concerns
- College Students
- Stress management
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Insight-Oriented Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
- St. John's University
- Master's Degree, Mental Health Counseling (expected Spring 2024)
- Adelphi University